LEAVE A LEGACY™ is a national public awareness program designed to encourage people to leave a gift through their will or any other gift planning instrument to a charity or non-profit organization of their choice.
The LEAVE A LEGACY™ program goal is to raise awareness of the importance of thoughtful, well-planned, tax-preferred gifts and their impact on the quality of life for everyone in our communities.
The top 10 things you can do today to LEAVE A LEGACY™
- Prepare a will.
- Leave a gift in your will for the not-for-profit organization that makes a difference in your life.
- Leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your assets to a not-for-profit organization.
- Consider using assets for your legacy gift.
- Name a not-for-profit as a beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF or pension plan.
- Name your favourite not-for-profit as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy.
- Purchase a new life insurance policy naming your favourite not-for-profit as the beneficiary.
- Remember loved ones with memorial gifts.
- Encourage family and friends to leave gifts to not-for-profit in their wills.
- Ask your financial or estate planning advisor to include charitable giving as part of your financial plan and to incorporate in their counsel to other clients.