|Prep Time:||30 Min||Servings:||6 servings||Difficulty:||Medium|
- 6 Halibut fillets (about 4 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup Water
- 1⁄4 cup Rice vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp Dry mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp Granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Shallot, minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 tsp Hot red pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh chives, chopped or green onions
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Bunch watercress, optional
- 4 Large carrots, grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place halibut in dish single layer and sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for approximately 10 minutes.
- Grate carrots and set aside.
- To prepare vinaigrette whisk together vinegar, water, sugar, mustard, shallot and pepper. Whisk in oil, hot pepper sauce, cilantro, chives, parsley and basil. Set aside.
- Line baking dish with parchment paper. Spread grated carrots over paper. Arrange fish on top. Cover with second piece of parchment and seal.
- Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish begins to flake when separated with knife.
- Remove fish from oven and place carefully on serving platter after removing parchment paper. Scatter carrots on top.
- Pour vinaigrette over and garnish with watercress.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 24g Total fat 6g Carbohydrates 6g Calories 181 Sodium 96mg Cholesterol 36mg