How to Plan your Canada Day Bike Parade!
In the age of COVID-19, Canada Day celebrations will look a little bit different.
This year celebrate with your family by staying safe and getting active. Decorate your bikes and helmets and host a Neighbourhood Bike Parade. Share your photos on social media and tag @HeartNiagara and #NiagaraBikeParade2020 for a chance to win a Summer Fun Prize Pack.
No bikes to participate in a #NiagaraBikeParade2020? No problem! If you and your family would still like a chance to win, please complete the colouring page below with your best Canada Day designs. Tag us in your completed colouring pages and you too will be entered to win!
Tips to get started:
- Before going for your ride, make sure your bicycle and helmet are road safe. Stay tuned for daily bike safety updates on Heart Niagara’s social media pages, and please visit: https://heartniagara.com/cycle-safely-this-canada-day/ for more bike safety information.
- Plan a simple and safe cycling route that won’t interfere with traffic and let all participants know the plan ahead of time. Make sure your family follows safe cycling rules!
- Be as creative as you can! Get in the Canada Day spirit by decorating your bikes and helmets and wearing your favourite red and white attire. Listen to your favourite Canadian artists while decorating! Ideas include:
- Red and white crepe paper
- Patriotic décor
- Canadian Flag Stickers
- Red and white balloons
- Please practice social distancing to keep you and others safe.
- Take lots of photos, practice safe cycling and most importantly- HAVE FUN!
If you have any questions, please contact Heart Niagara at firstname.lastname@example.org