|Prep Time:||20 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 3 Large red bell peppers
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3⁄4 tsp Salt
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 3 Large garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup Basil, for garnish
- 15 oz. Reduced sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Toss peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic with oil. Spread on broiler pan in a single layer. Roast 20 minutes until vegetables are tender and caramelized.
- Transfer vegetables to saucepan and add broth. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender add vinegar, salt, and pepper and puree.
- Add cream to blender and pulse jet to blend. Return to saucepan until warm through.
- Garnish with a small nest of basil or pesto in centre of soup if desired before serving.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 3.5g Total fat 6g Carbohydrates 14g Calories 118 Sodium 86.4mg Cholesterol 4.5mg