Take Action is Heart Niagara’s comprehensive smoke cessation and health promotion program for workplaces. The project is designed to assist employees and their families to achieve improved health outcomes with support from the workplace. Take Action utilizes evidence based tobacco control and health promotion strategies to successfully reduce tobacco use and increase healthier smoke free lifestyles. Employer involvement will assist Take Action to support employees in their quit attempts as well as realize a decrease in smoking in the workplace, increase productivity, reduce employer costs and improve employee job satisfaction.
Although smoking rates have declined over the past generation, the reality is that 20.8% of Niagara Region residents continue to smoke.
- Workplace marketing campaigns (social media, print, e-mail)
- Counselling services provided by a nurse practitioner
- Up to five weeks of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)
- 30 minute lunch and learn workshops focused on illness prevention and health improvement strategies
- Workplace activity challenges
Investment: $426 per person for a minimum of 8 participants over 5 weeks
To book this program, call 905-358-5552 or email Heart Niagara.
A decrease in smoking in the workplace can:
- Increase productivity
- Reduce employer costs
- Improve employee job satisfaction