|Prep Time:||30 Min||Servings:||6 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 2 Shallots
- 6 Slices fresh ginger
- 2 Large grapefruit
- 3 tbsp Chopped peanuts
- 1 lb. Extra large raw shrimp,peeled and de-veined
- 1 Head of Boston or leaf lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup Chopped fresh mint or basil
- 3 tbsp Lime juice
- 1-3 Hot peppers, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp Brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp Grated lime rind
- 4 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup Canola oil
- Cut rind and pith from grapefruits. Over a bowl, cut out segments, reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice.
- Slice shallots into thin rings.
- In a non-stick skillet heat oil to medium and add shallots and cook until golden. Set aside on paper towel and drain.
- In a saucepan, bring 6 cups of salted water and ginger to boil over high heat. Add shrimp and cook until opaque, about 11⁄2 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Combine coriander, mint, lime rind and juice, fish sauce, reserved grapefruit juice and shallots, oil, hot peppers, ginger and sugar. Refrigerate to chill for up to 4 hours.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 6 salad plates and arrange grapefruit segments over lettuce.
- Toss shrimp with dressing and arrange over grapefruit. Top with shallots and peanuts.
Pepper should be added to the point of a comfortable heat.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 14g Total fat 6g Carbohydrates 12g Calories 151 Sodium 416mg Cholesterol 86mg