|Prep Time:||20 Min||Servings:||8 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- 1⁄4 tsp Pepper
- 4 Leeks
- 45 oz. Reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 lb. Asparagus
- 2 cup Water
- 4 oz. Snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Grated lemon peel
- 1 Yellow summer squash
- Wash leeks well to remove grit/sand and chop white part into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut asparagus and summer squash into 1⁄2 inch pieces
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook for 2 minutes, until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes until color brightens.
- Add squash and snow peas. Cook for 2 minutes or until squash begins to soften.
- Add salt, pepper, broth, and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Just before serving stir in parsley and lemon peel.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 5.5g Total fat 6g Carbohydrates 10.5g Calories 113 Sodium 112mg Cholesterol 0mg