Piece of the Core
Piece of the Core $1000
- Name recognition and/or quote affixed to a piece of equipment
- 10 invitations to try out the equipment
- Recognition on donor board
- Charitable tax receipt
“Flex your generosity muscle”
Flex your generosity muscle and become a Heart Niagara health champion.
Why is Heart Niagara raising money through “Flex Your Generosity Muscle Campaign”?
This campaign is to raise funds to cover the start-up cost of HeartCore. In line with Heart Niagara’s mission of empowering our community to take control of their heart health, we are happy to announce the opening of HeartCore.
HeartCore operates 20 MedX machines, and provides personal one -to-one energy coaches, with a medically proven personalized measurable approach for clients ages 9 to 90. This social enterprise will flourish faster by creating a broader approach to securing the overall funding necessary to achieve Heart Niagara’s goal for HeartCore.
Your heart is the core of your health and you can flex it by showing your generosity today. Your financial contribution will go directly towards the most essential component of Heart Core, thepurchase of MedX fitness equipment. MedX machines are the most technologically advanced fitness, sports and medical/rehabilitation equipment available. And, is a solution for high-risk kids and their families.
By becoming a Heart Niagara health champion and flexing your generosity muscle, you will be making a positive and continuous impact on your community’s well-being. Community health begins at HeartCore.
Why does Niagara need HeartCore?
In Canada we treat disease, rarely prevent disease, and almost never reverse disease. Instead of treating diseases, we should be treating predispositions to disease. Heart Niagara is committed to prehabilitation as a solution to rising healthcare costs, chronic disease and early death.
What are the impact of the HeartCore’s vision and the utilization of the MedX system?
Heart Core is an age friendly centre linking generations to better health. Connecting the MedX state the art medically proven equipment and Heart Niagara’s expertise in behaviour change will provide the solution for a productive workout that is safe for all ages, genders and fitness levels.
The Impact Clients will feel
- Strength, Balance, Endurance
- Increased quality of life
- Education on understanding muscle growth and recovery
- Increased range of motion (ROM)
- Increased/improved bone density
- Nutrition for the joints
- Fat loss
- Increased mobility and flexibility
- Reduced falls and injury from falls
The Impact the Community will feel
- Leading with a solution for Niagara’s child obesity challenges
- Reverse the crisis in healthcare
- Reduction of chronic diseases
- Slow disease progression
- Reduce medical appointments for injury and re-injury of the spine, neck , knees and hips
What is HeartCore Focused on?
- Prevention and Mitigation
- Providing a different path for community and health care providers to improve and better coordinate the journey to better health by linking health, healthcare and community.
- Providing Niagara’s high risk kids with access to an energy coach to reduce risk factors for premature disease
- Providing Niagara’s high risk residents with coaching to support recovery from chronic diseases including heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- By providing coaching and behavior change to the slow the progression of disease related to inactivity, tobacco use, nutrition, and social supports.
- Access to affordable, efficient, friendly client centred services
Why now? Why so quick? HeartCore is Phase Three of a well thought out plan driven by our goals laid out in 2013-2017 Strategic Plan. With the opening of the Clark Centre, Heart Niagara was able move forward with Phase Three. After we began development we were able to secure Medx equipment at a significantly reduced cost for a limited time. Heart Niagara is focused on being good stewards of donor and system dollars, therefore we felt it prudent to purchase now.