|Prep Time:||45 Min||Servings:||8 servings||Difficulty:||Medium|
- 8 Baby eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 Plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp Grated lemon peel
- 6 oz. Baby spinach
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop out eggplant flesh with a spoon leaving 3⁄4 inch thick shells. Chop removed eggplant and put aside. Place shells cut side up on prepared baking sheets and lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes, then turn shells cut side down and bake 15 minutes more until very tender.
- While shells bake lightly coat a large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium. Add garlic, chopped eggplant and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add chopped peppers and stir for 6 minutes or until crisp and tender. Add tomatoes to mixture and stir for 2 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add spinach in 2 batches, stir until wilted and bright green.
- Remove from heat stir in lemon peel and 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt.
- Remove sheet with eggplant shells from oven. Turn shells over and sprinkle with remaining salt and the lemon juice. Fill with vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle eggplant with cheese and return to oven for 10 minutes
efore starting position racks to divide oven in thirds.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 4g Total fat 2g Carbohydrates 17g Calories 83 Sodium 228mg Cholesterol 2mg