|Prep Time:||15Min||Servings:||12 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 24 Large button mushrooms
- Non stick cooking spray
- 3 tbsp Green onions, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 4 oz. 50% less-fat pork sausage
- 1⁄2 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Lowfat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Clean mushrooms with paper towel and remove stems, finely chop stems.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic sauté for 1 minute. Add sausage and cook until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add the reserved mushrooms stems, red pepper, salt and black pepper, sauté 2 minutes or until stems are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and breadcrumbs. Stuff 1 tablespoon sausage mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Arrange mushroom caps in a 13×9 inch baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden and thoroughly heated.
Nutritional information per serving (2 caps): Calories 64 Protein 4g Total fat 3.3g Carbohydrates 4.5g Sodium 159 mg Cholesterol 11mg