|Prep Time:||10 Min||Servings:||4 servings||Difficulty:||very easy|
- 2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Pearl barley
- 21⁄2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3⁄4 Onion, chopped
- 2 cup Vegetable stock
- 12/3 cup Plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp Paprika
- 21⁄2 tbsp Fresh dill
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a heavy pot. Add barley and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes until water has evaporated and barley is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy stock pot over medium heat. Sauté onion 4-5 minutes until soft. Add stock and bring to a boil, add cooked barley and remove from heat.
- Stir in yogurt until mixed thoroughly to thin. Return to heat until just heated through. DO NOT BOIL.
- Add herbs, sea salt and pepper to taste. Allow to steep about 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with paprika.
Nutritional information per serving: Protein 9.3g Total fat 11.8g Carbohydrates 15.5g Calories 203 Sodium 253mg Cholesterol 0mg